http://www.bitcoin.org/ this seems like the real deal, i looked into it for hours, this could change everything
http://www.khanacademy.org/ has many very educational videos on banking, finance, the credit crisis, and other non-econ subjects. and easy to follow at 200% speed. It quickly gets you from no knowledge to very knowledgable, with speech while drawing, like a professor would.
facebook group http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=317330790652&ref=ts
Questions to be asked (or answering if you know!):
- Will China comply and devalue the dollar?
- How much new money will the Fed create with this latest $800B commitment? Is the Treasury going to unwind the supplemental account that's been offsetting the new money created so far? If there will be new money, how inflationary will that be?
- Who's so credit worthy they can sell US Treasury CDS?
- Nobel Prize winner : http://web.mit.edu/krugman/www/
- http://www.markit.com/information/news/commentary/cds.html -- CDS and other quotes
- http://blownmortgage.com/ -- not just about mortgages anymore
- Modern Money Mechanics (about Fed policy, money creation) http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/4a/Modern_Money_Mechanics.pdf
- http://vse.marketwatch.com/Game/GameOverview.aspx?id=FNeconomists -- compete with other channel members
- also see ##finance on freenode
- for active securities trading see all the channels on irc.financialchat.com and irc.othernet.org (do a room list, or type /list)
- Some fun :D
- wow this guy has a crystal ball http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/14/opinion/14krugman.html?_r=1&ei=5087&em=&en=824ea64818ba5af2&ex=1205640000&adxnnl=1&oref=slogin&adxnnlx=1225688182-3Pm8DV7q4yRLO+5+W7Azjw
Discussed topics :