Economic IssuesEconomist's ViewMises Daily : Mises Institute on Austrian Economics and Libertarianism
The forum, discussions and definitions :
See the EconWiki (and we gladly accept your
constructive additions) :
How to join the channel for economics debate :
1. Download an IRC (internet relay chat) client, if you don't have one.
There are various clients out there , such as the MIRC client , kvirc client for Windows
systems or a
google search for other systems (linux xchat irssi... , Mac).
2a. Join the freenode or undernet network (by selecting a freenode or an
undernet server). On this net, join the channel economics (use /join
#economics for undernet or /join ##economics on freenode ).
2b. With an installed client , this url might directly connect you :
2c. From the web you can just click :
freenode ##economics or
Undernet #economics (Mibbit web client)
There is also an #economics channel on the irc.mibbit.net server
What do we discuss in the ##economics channel :
The topics are wide and include:
- Macro economy, schools of thoughts (Austrian, Keynes etc.)
- Current market events (currency, stocks, bubbles, business cycles)
- Answer or discuss econ. student's questions
- "What can I do with my money ?" or "how do I reduce my debt ?"
- Government policy versus the economy
Channel guidelines :
We try to be tolerant in #economics, however, please try follow the following
- Refrain from offensive language and offensive nick names.
- No commercials, no spamming, no bots (without permission) please
- Try to limit non-sense such as extensive colors, automatic script
- Obey the
Undernet Acceptable Policy.
- Don't ask for op's, please, wait for the ops to ask you.
- Please refrain from long non-economics relevant discussions. Use another
channel for that.
Last updated by teralaser on 08/05/11 02:46pm